A week before counseling
- Get the documents in order.
- Take at-least 2 copies of each document.
- Search for colleges at Myklassroom.com college finder or get guidance from your network.
- The blog”Finding the best engineering college” will give you guidance on the criteria that student can use to choose the right colleges that suits them.
Couple of days before counseling
It is very important to be prepared, so that you are not carried away by surprises on the day of counseling.
Make 3 lists of colleges with their vacancy positions
- Make a list of colleges with cutoff higher (say around .5 to 1) than your cutoff (Atleast 5 colleges).
- Make a list of colleges with cutoff equal to your cutoff (Atleast 10 colleges).
- Make a list of colleges with cutoff lesser (say around .5 to 1) than your cutoff (Atleast 5 colleges).
* Use Myklassroom.com college finder at http://www.myklassroom.com/Tamilnadu-engineering-college-admissions/College-for-your-marks/ to help you to make the list.
- Check the vacancy position for these colleges and make the list (We will try to update the vacancy list every day or provide you access to sites)
- We have made couple of format that can be used to making a list based on the student preferences.
Format for the list, if you weigh college more than the branch of study.
|CEG||10, 7, 5||20, 15||20, 12||10, 2|
Format for the list, if you weigh branch of study more than the college.
|ECE||10, 7, 5||20, 15||20, 12||10, 2|
- Always read from left to right, finish row1 before going to row2.
- The first vacant position would best suit your needs.
Day of the counseling
- Reach the campus couple of hours earlier to the scheduled time with all necessary documents.
- Guidelines will be provided on how to go about the entire counseling process in a briefing hall, after which you can proceed to main counseling hall.
- Update your college list by changing the Vacany numbers in the college list sheet you prepared a couple of days ago.
- Pay cash or DD of Rs. 5000 (For SC/ ST Rs .1000) at any one of the counters and collect the counseling form that will have a bar code.
- Register your name as you enter the hall. After the registration, the students will be briefed about the entire counseling procedures.
- The student’s certificates and credentials will be verified. If any discrepancy found the student will be sent away. Make sure you have originals and copies of all the documents.
- Next, the student enters the actual hall with about 100 terminals for counseling of each batch, each terminal with a counselor to guide the students through the entire process.
- The student with the highest rank is given the first chance to exercise his option.
- The student gets to know about the position through the display-college wise, course wise and community wise. The student should check if all details like name, number, etc are correct. Please be extra careful as there are colleges in similar names.
- On seeing the position on the display, to start with the student can give 3 options. The student is likely to get one of the three options. In some rare cases of not being able to get any three, student is allowed to go for the next three options.
- As per the vacancy and requirement once the student gets the course and college of his choice, the counselor asks for a confirmation from the student.
- Then the students are collected in separate hall and an admission order is made out on their name.
Good luck with your admission.